Wednesday, 19 April 2017

My visual metaphor

Hello again!
Today I am back with you all, to share the visual metaphor I have created to illustrate how my project is going to become a collaborative project.
Creating a collaborative project nowadais is very important to engage students, and increase their positive outcomes. For this reason three types of collaboration movements will be included in my visual methaphor:
- Collaboration within the classroom through cooperative learning:
The students will be able to learn how the scratch jr. app works through collaboration. Any doubts and problems will be written on the blackboard as well as in a drive document so that every student can see them and help solving the problem.
- Collaboration out of the classroom :
With a partner search, so that the project really becames collaborative and the students will stay connected with other classes or communities.
- Collaboration back to the classroom :
Once the students have collaborating for example generating their characters, they would be able to start using the logical connectors and do their programm which will become collaborative again once they share it.

Taken this into account I have illustrated a visual methaphor and create a layout using smore an online tool to generate beatufil newsletters. The illustration is cyclical as the project and collaboration will continue untill the students think they have already created the final and revised product.


Owners source via Smore {link to https://www.smore.com/xg089}

This project has oppened my eyes in the way that I have been thinking a lot of how can I collaborate by using the project I created for the previous entry. When I realised how to do it, I learned that it is easier than I though, if the project if well planed, and you already bear in mind the activities you want to develop, if it doesn't happen it will become harder to deal with. I have also worked with smore which I have never worked with before, wich allows me to easily create a layout using my own design and including the things I have needed.
I hope you have enjoy it, and see you tomorrow with the partner search entry.

1 comment:

  1. HHi! Your visual metaphor is simple, but visual attractive. I really like the use of the arrows to indicate the sequence of the process. I have never use Smore, but I see that it offers for free the opportunity to create good visual resources! I think that it is a fantastic idea to learn how to use Scratch Jr App because they can learn a different way to create stories and they can experiment with new technologies. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete