When talking about Project Based learning projects it is important for students to know the learning outcomes before they are assessed. It is also important to take into consideration that students must be also assessed during their work, so that they can improve, so bear in mind that giving them some feedback during their practice is neccesary for them to progress.
A formative assessment will be needed to be able to do those things mentioned before, but also because we are doing an informal assessment that occurs in the everyday practice.
The rubric I have designed takes into account all this but also the learning outcomes, and is not only for the teacher, but also for the student to see what they are required to do and how are they going to be assess.
Learning outcomes for this two super learning missions are:
- Uses logical connectors and knows their meanings
- Shows interest for what his/her peers are saying
- Shares ideas and thoughts in public
- Matches ideas and opinions with his/her peers to reach agreements
- Knows the subject content
- Interacts with empathy using different social abilities
- Express ideas using ICT tools
Creating a rubric has been very useful for me, because this way I will be able to use the super learning missions as teacher. It has helped me to understand what I really want to evaluate and to see how can I adapt the rubric so that learners in primary education are conscious about the learning outcomes and the assessment criteria.
I have also learned how to desing and create a rubric that students would be able to use for a PBL as usually teachers do not share their rubrics with the students and it is an important part in PBL approach. This mission has been realy usefull as teacher and I would highly recommend you to to try it, as it gives learners a sense of achievement
I have also learned how to desing and create a rubric that students would be able to use for a PBL as usually teachers do not share their rubrics with the students and it is an important part in PBL approach. This mission has been realy usefull as teacher and I would highly recommend you to to try it, as it gives learners a sense of achievement
No comments:
Post a Comment